Systems Characterization Engineer (Engineering)
US-Santa Clara, CA
The Systems Characterization Engineer is responsible for the bring-up, evaluation, and characterization of SiTime’s revolutionary MEMS-based timing products. Responsibilities include mixed-signal characterization, systems/algorithms development, datasheet validation, performance feedback to MEMS/CMOS design, and prototyping of test and FA methodologies. In addition, he/she will lead experiments to prototype new system architectures for future products, and assist with the development and qualification of new packaging technology.
- Characterize and bring into production a variety of MEMS-based, mixed-signal timing devices
- Develop and carry out experiments to prototype new technologies and system architectures.
- Develop and transfer algorithms to final test/production environments.
- Work with circuit design team to evaluate new silicon and specify design improvements for performance enhancements or DFM/DFT.
- Perform engineering failure analysis to root cause product issues.
- Contribute to other projects as needed by management or as business needs change
Qualifications & Requirements:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. PhD preferred. Exceptional candidates with other technical backgrounds will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with electronics laboratory bench instrumentation including oscilloscopes, digital signal analyzers, etc.
- Excellent programming skills, including MATLAB scripting
- Programming ability in Python, C or C++ is also helpful
- Familiarity and understanding of mixed-signal circuits
- Familiarity with MEMS characterization and testing is also helpful
- Strong statistical analysis skills
Desired Characteristics & Attributes:
- High level of self-motivation and drive to make an impact
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.
SiTime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SiTime participates in the E-Verify program.